Lord Mahamritunjayae Shankar is the winner of death. On worshipping
Mahamritunjaye Shankar one can escape from miseries and troubles of this
materialistic world as well as the problems related to inner soul. He checks our
troubles, tensions, stress as well as our ego. Lord Mahamritunjaye is the doctor
of soul and sentiments. This Yantra is used to free the fear of death, grave
dangers, and fatal diseases and makes one courageous and healthy. It bestows the
person with wealth, health and happiness, good fortune and fame. Mahamritunjaye
yantra dispels all sort of fears, influence of evil planets, fear of ghosts,
accidental death and disease etc. It particularly relives one from all dreadful
diseases. It is carved on copper plate or gold plate or it can also be written
on Bhojpatra and energized with mantras. The person who perform pooja of
Mahamritunjaye yantra, remains in good health and free from all ailments.
This Mantra for recital is:
Om Haum Om Jum Sah Bhurbhuvah Svah Tryambakam Yajamahe Sugandhim Pustivardhanam
Urvarukamiva Bandhanan Mrtyormuksiya Mamrtat Bhurbhuvah Svah Jum Sah Haum Om||
The sages of this Mantra are Vamadeva, Kahola and Vashisth. The metres of this
mantra are Panikti, Gayatri and Anustup. The deities are Sadasiva,
Mahamritunjaye and Rudra. Hrim is the Shakti and Srim is Bija. The application
of this Mantra is for the realization of desired objects.
Hastambhej yugasth kumbhyuguladudgrathya toye shire sinchantam karyoryugan
dadhtam swanke sakumbho karoo|
Akshsardmrighastmmbuj jagtam mugrhasth chander sarvatpi yushtontanu bhajee
sagirijam mritunjayeem triyambkam||
Thus after realizing the yantra following desires could be full filled:-
1. To wipe off all his ailments and enemies, rejoicing with prosperity, sons and
grandsons and long life, the devotee shall perform Homa on the day of the birth
star, or on its tenth day or nineteenth day with four inch long twigs of
2. For achievement of wealth, homa with the twigs of Bilva fruit is conducive.
3. Bar twigs are used for the acquisition of wealth.
4. Homa with Khair twigs for brilliance.
5. Homa with gingelly (Jinjili) seeds for destructive of impiety.
6. Mustard causes destruction of enemies.
7. Homa with curd removes the sins incited by others and premature death as well
as bestows victory in arguments.
In all these cases the number of homa is fixed at ten thousand.
9. By performing Homa with groups of three of durva grass blades for hundred and
eight times one can achieve the removal of all ailments.
10. Homa performed on the birthdays with milk puddings and sweets wealth, health
and renown increase:
11. Homa with the twigs of guduci or mollsiri on the birth star, its tenth star
or nineteenth star wards off primitive death and ailments.
12. For preventing the possibility of unnatural death the devotee shall perform
homa with durva grass blades everyday.
13. For eradicating fevers the homa is to be performed with the twigs of latjira
as well as ready-cooked food.
14. For the purpose of getting everything the homa recommended is that of giloy
twigs soaked in milk. The homa should be continued for a month.