As told in the Hindu classics, one of the main duties of a married couple is to
create progeny. We think that it is the starting of new life which adds a new
chapter in the book of genealogy of the family. As classics say that one has to
follow the Grasth Ashram (the family life), if he is not observing celibacy,
then progeny is one of the main ingredients of this aspect. As classics suggest
that life should continue, they have suggested a lot of remedies for progeny so
that one should not be deprived of this privilege of the life. Now, if classics
are suggesting these guidelines it is obvious that the remedies are tested by
our seers but if someone is not following them in letter and spirit then it is
not he fault of the classics but of the native.
If we trace back our classics we found that Narpatcharya Shiv Sarvodya and Swar
Chintamani have discussed this subject in length. The book says that if someone
wants a desired baby he should follow the book in letter and spirit. For
example, it was said that while doing intercourse with the wife the husband's
breath should flow from right nostril and wife should breathe from left nostril.
If these directions are followed in letter and spirit then the native will be
blessed with a male child if vice-versa then it would be a female child.
The other way for having a male progeny is, if the lady will have cold drinking
water after having sex with her husband then also she is likely to be blessed
with a male child, classics say.
Right time for conception
As per scientific cannons it has been proved that from the fourth day of
menstruation of a lady till the sixteenth day, the lady can conceive, if she is
healthy and the planetary position of the couple is good. Our seers were so
intelligent that they discovered the period from the start of menstruation till
the sixteenth day for having a child of the native's kind. For the benefit of
our esteemed reader we are underlining the period when they can e blessed with
progeny as per their desire.
1. Conception on the fourth night after the menstruation period would lead to a
son whose life span would be very less.
2. If conceived on fifth night a daughter would be born who would be living a
3. If conceived on sixth night a medium age son.
4. If conceived on seventh night a daughter will be born who would remain barren
for the whole life.
5. If conceived on eighth night a boy would be born who would live luxurious
6. If conceived on ninth night a daughter would be born who would live luxurious
7. If conceived on tenth night a clever boy would be born.
8. If conceived on eleventh night a bad character girl.
9. If conceived on twelfth night an intelligent boy would be born.
10. If conceived on thirteenth night a daughter would be born having hybrid
11. If conceived on fourteenth night a boy would be born who would be master of
12. If conceived on fifteenth night a lucky daughter.
13. If conceived on sixteenth night a boy would be born who will be master in
all spheres of life.
Remedy of Sarp Dosha for birth of male child
If Rahu is posited in fifth house of natal chart then it creates hurdles in
creation of progeny or male child. If at right interval it is remedied then the
native is blessed with a male child. Following are some of the remedies as told
in our classics for remedy of this dosha.
1. Consult your family priest/preceptor and request him to perform the rites for
rectification of this dosha. After pooja, flow an idol of male and female snake
made of five metals in sacred water.
2. Construct a Shiva Temple. If you are not in a position to construct the Shiva
Temple then make some room for the idol of Shiva to ward off this curse.
3. Donate an idol of five faced snake (panch mukhi nag) during the hora of
4. Get a snake released from a snake charmer on Nagpanchmi day (The fifth day of
the bright half of the month of Sravana month on which Hindus worship snakes).
Before releasing it the native should perform pooja of the snake.
Charms and Spells for progeny
1. Take tender leaves of palasa plant or Dhak tree with milk for seven days
during and after menstruation. The lady should take light food, she must not
have any fear or a sorrow in her mind, sleeping during the day time is
prohibited. She will conceive and give birth to a son.
2. Take Sehdevi plant on Sunday in pushya nakshatra. Dry it in shade inside the
house and grind it to make powder. The powder is given to a lady with single
coloured cow's milk. The lady will become pregnant to give birth to a son.
3. The plant of nagkesra should be powdered. If taken with ghee of cow for seven
days along with food by a lady, she will be blessed with a son.
4. Powder of seeds of gokshura is taken with juice of Nirgundi. If taken for
five or eight nights after menstruation the lady would conceive to give birth to
a beautiful child.